Job Description & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations of his/her assigned portfolio of companies within the Group, with functional responsibility for general accounting, accounts payable & accounts receivable.
Main responsibilities include:
• Performing daily accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions ensuring that the accounting system is kept up to date
• Ensuring that inter-company accounts are reconciled with the counter party, general ledgers are reconciled with subsidiary ledgers, and bank ledgers are reconciled with the bank statements
• Performing payment runs, monitoring day-to-day cash flow, and preparing cash flow reports, as well as following up on outstanding issues
• Preparing the monthly management accounts of various companies, including reports for Group financial reporting, budgets, and forecasts
• Preparing VAT returns and submission thereof
• Preparing ad hoc financial reports as needed
• Liaising with the external Auditors and assist in the preparation of backing information such as auditing schedules
• Liaising with different stakeholders to resolve issues
Applicants must be in possession of a University degree in Accounting or be in the final stages of obtaining the ACCA qualification.
Applicants must have a minimum of three years accounting experience.
In addition, applicants must:
• Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Have a good command of excel and analytical skills
• Be attentive to detail and accuracy
• Be able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks to effectively meet deadlines
• Demonstrate personal credibility, integrity, and high moral standards