Internal Audit Manager
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Tumas Group Internal Audit department oversees audits for all group companies. Our role is to assist group units in identifying, anticipating, and managing business risks. Our work spans various business sectors such as hospitality, gaming including online, property construction, leasing and selling of property, and other sectors. We conduct assurance internal audits (including IT audits), review regulatory compliance, and offer advice on new procedures or business risks. We also conduct investigations when requested.
Our Audit Committee has recently approved a new strategy document that requires a restructuring of the IA team, to be able to oversee risk management issues and upgrade the quality of our audits. Therefore, the internal audit team needs to be extended.
We are currently looking for a Manager to join the Internal Audit team following our restructuring exercise. Although the role entails direct management of all audits being carried out by audit executives, there will also be cases where the manager will be directed to conduct audits directly, particularly investigations. There will also be the opportunity to contribute to other risk advisory projects as may be directed by the Internal Audit Head, Audit Committee or Board of Directors. The Manager is expected to abide by the Internal Audit code of ethics.
• Management of audits being carried out throughout the year in line with the approved audit plan
• Prepare specific audit plans after pre-audit discussions with the auditee and establish an audit timeline. These plans require the approval of the Internal Audit Head
• Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements including activities such as the preparation of audit risk assessments, annual audit plans, audit programs, working papers, internal audit reports, and other deliverables based on the audit plan for the year
• Advise IA Head of progress on the jobs and any developments
• Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases
• Organise audit tasks to meet deadlines and monitor work being carried out by executives to ensure that audit work proceeds according to plan. If during the audit new facts emerge these are to be reported immediately to the Audit Head
• Prepare clear and concise internal audit reports and present these to the auditee. Ensure that your recommendations add value to the audit and reflect best practices within the specific industry the group entity is operating. Auditee Management’s comments are to be discussed with the IA Head before the final report is submitted to the Audit Committee
• At the end of each assurance audit, prepare a risk issues action plan and present it to the auditee for their approval. When requested, provide guidance and recommendations on the effectiveness of operational, financial, and compliance processes and internal controls
• Coach, develop, and carry out performance management of audit staff including preparation of their performance evaluations
• Ensure that audit staff develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the auditee
• Perform other duties as may be requested by the Group Head Internal Audit and Audit Committee
Applicants must have a Degree in accountancy (or related field), or ACCA (or similar professional qualifications).
• Have a minimum of four years' of internal audit experience with preference given to persons exhibiting IA experience in gaming, hospitality, and real estate
• Be a superb team player with excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Be proficient in spoken and written English
• Have good project management skills
• Be willing to pursue a relevant qualification with the Institute of Internal Auditing
• Have experience with a professional services firm (will be considered an asset)