Job Description & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be working closely with the administration department and assisting in maintaining accurate financial records, issuing invoices and payroll, and providing financial insights to support decision-making.
Key responsibilities include:
• Financial Reporting: prepare and analyze financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
• Accounts payable and receivable: oversee invoicing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable processes
• Tax compliance: ensure compliance with tax regulations, prepare tax returns (including VAT returns), and liaise with external tax consultants
• Payroll processing: process payroll accurately and in a timely manner
• Audit support: assist in audits and collaborate with external auditors to provide required documentation
• Financial systems: utilize financial software and tools to maintain accurate financial records
• Expense management: monitor and control firm expenses, identifying cost-saving opportunities
• Budgeting and forecasting: collaborate with the other departments to develop and monitor the firm's annual budget and assist in financial forecasting and variance analysis to help make informed business decisions
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (CPA designation is a plus).
Applicants must have 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate must:
• Be proficient in accounting software (such as Sage) and Microsoft Office
• Have a strong understanding of financial regulations and compliance
• Have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Have effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Be ethical and trustworthy, with a commitment to maintaining confidentiality